Thursday 3 May 2012

Happy Birthday Suzanne (Queen of Copics!!!)

If you’re looking for my Play Date Cafe card please scroll down…

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Suzanne, Happy Birthday to you!!
clip_image002
The Color Me Creative Design Team has a secret!!!  Today we are hopping along to wish our fearless leader, Suzanne Dean, a VERY happy birthday!!!  Suzanne is the owner/creator of the Color Me Creative site and, as many of you know, teaches her Copic classes online and on the road!  She is one busy momma and we thought we'd take time to wish her a happy day and hope she gets to sit with her Cherry Coke and donuts (ya, a fave combination of hers!) and relax a bit today and enjoy the hop!

Each of us decided it would be fun to remember Suzanne today in "typical Suzanne" style!  Our creations will either help remember a "funny travel moment" with Suzanne or... share a secret about Suzanne.  Ha!!!  Bet she didn't see this coming!!! LOL. Here is what I created ....
CMC 020512 Suzanne BHp
If I could colour half as well as Suzanne (or had half her energy) I would be amazing!  Her skills are just fabulous, but more than that she is such a happy and fun person to work for, full of life (a little bit crazy – in a fab way!) and you always feel that seh cares about each and every person in her team. We all love her!

So this card is for you Suzanne and is now winging its way over to you from the UK.  I chose this Copic girl from Saturated Canary, one because she’s holding a Copic but also because she reminds me of a post I read on your blog recently about not wanting to get older, you joked about using Copics to colour your hair (this post here).  Suzanne you will never look old, you always look so glamorous. I cannot imagine you ever needing to colour your hair but if you do I’m sure you can probably find a few Copics to do the job for you!  I made sure this girl didn’t have a grey hair in sight!  Never fear though, no matter how you age you will always be a Copic angel in our eyes lol

So a bit more about my card.. Starting out with my patterned paper from Basic Grey Picadilly I chose my Copic colours as shown below and set to work.  I am really pleased that I now pick up my Copics with confidence, instead of being in fear of them.  Yes, I have a long way to go, I have no idea to colour ground for example lol, but I was scared of these what I used to call ‘overpriced felt pens’!! (Sorry Suzanne, I would never dream of saying that now lol)  Suzanne, your classes have given me the confidence to play around with different ideas so instead of them being pretty to look at they now actually get used (which means I can justify buying more lol)  Thank you for being such a great teacher!

See that little mark on my fairy’s leg, well I did that on purpose to make it look like she’d made a mess when she was colouring in… Seriously?? Na, I messed up!  I had coloured the whole image and then dropped my open Copic marker onto it.  Shock, horror!!!  After two hours of colouring her in I just didn’t have time to start over. Ssshhh, don’t tell anyone, they’ll never notice!! 

I used this sketch over at I Heart 2 Stamp.
image
I have to be honest it’s taken me a very long time to pluck up the courage to even enter a card over there, have you seen the amazingly talented designers they have?!!!!  As I went to link up I realised I had missed the deadline, oh well lol.  Still a great sketch though!
IMG_0935[1]
Now hop on over to the rest of the DT's sites to see what they are sharing about Suzanne.  ;-)  If you missed any stops then just pop back to Tina’s blog at the top of the list and work your way from there.
Happy hopping!

19 comments:

  1. OMG - I LOVE that copic marker!! so suzanne ... love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHH! What a beautiful card--LOVE your coloring! You have really come a long way in such a short time! You rock:) HUGS! And happy birthday to your friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so stinkin cute! Love this image and you did a great job!
    Here I was really believing you added the color to the pants on purpose! :D
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable job !! The image is adorable and colored perfect:-)
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!!! I really like the mark on the pants!! LOL It looks like she dropped her Copic! LOL Thanks for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a joyful and adorable card Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a lovely lovely card! It is the cutest thang!!!
    xoxo
    anaRy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww what a cutie she is Ruby..I adore her! You colored her fabulously and yup if I see any gray hairs I will be copic-covering them for sure LOL! Thank you so much for your sweet comments and I'm so happy to have you on the DT and as a friend. Many hugs to you & enjoy that upcoming wedding...and a bordeaux dress, sounds beautiful...my fave color!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cutie and she does drop her copics on her pants, so it's all good lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Total cuteness Ruby!! I love the mark on her pants...I didn't even think it was a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one daring image and you did a super wonderful job coloring her love the designer paper. We did it and she had no idea...
    Hugs,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card, Ruby! Love everything about it!
    Cyber Hug,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my gracious, Ruby! This is absolutely precious! LOVE your combination of papers and those fabulous trims! Plus, girl, you just don't think enough of your coloring skills. You're AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card, Ruby. Suzanne is someone very special and I'm sure she is enjoying this as much as the rest of us.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruby you rocked this card girl. I love it!!!! We are in the Suzanne "angel" club. LOL

    Hugs
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card Ruby. I haven't seen that image before...perfect for Suzanne. Love those papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A copic digi wow well done Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Ruby, I can only imagine your face after two hours of colouring only to drop a marker on it arrggh! But, it just adds to this darling image, your colouring and effort certainly paid off here, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so stunning! your coloring is just stunning. I didn't even notice the mark till you pointed it out. oh, the horror. I'm so glad you didn't scrap it, it is pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved