Wednesday 14 March 2012

Gorgeous Colour Combo

Hello again!  I hope you’ve had a good week so far.

I’m here today with a card  for Retro Sketches.  I was asked to make someone a card in purple and turquoise for Mother’s Day and this is what I came up with.  Isn’t this colour combination gorgeous?  I’m so glad I was reminded of how wonderful these colours are together.  I hate to show my age but a very, very long time ago my Mum made a mohair knitted cardigan for herself in these colours and it brings me back YEARS!!.  I wonder if you remember that cardigan Mum!!

Lots of PTI and Memory Box goodness on this one!  The font is just typed on my computer.
IMG_0747[1]
Here’s the inspiration ..
image
As you can see mine is a twist on the sketch.  I am definitely going to start saving these sketches to file, they are just so simple they conjure up dozens of ideas.  Great challenge blog girls!!

The purple paper was inspired by the rug in the Tuesday Trigger challenge picture over at Moxie Fab World.  I always love that damask pattern!  The wall hanging also acted as inspiration for my memory box fancy die cut in turquoise.


Here’s another card I made recently using one of my favourite Greeting Farm stamps.  If you haven’t played along with our challenge over at Color Me Creative then pop on by, there's still time to join in and it’s a great excuse to get some colouring done!!
IMG_0752[1]
I want to practice my black hair colouring a bit more, it’s fun to do, I need to work on where to put the shading next. We have a fun birthday bash coming up too so come and join in on the fun!


I’ve got a post for Play Date Cafe to get sorted, so I’ll be back tomorrow!

Have a great day.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow Ruby, this is such a gorgeous colour combo! So funky! And I just adore that doily die, and the trail of butterflies. Simply stunning! I want one too! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely butterfly card Ruby! The color combo is so pretty! Thanks for playing in this week's Retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your cards, SO much detail. Love the colour combo of purple & turquoise plus the MB dies you've used - think I'll add those to my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous Ruby! love the blue and the purple combo, so striking. And look at you rockin' that black hair. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Very selective combination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby, such an awesome card! Love the color scheme, too! Sorry it's taken me this long to come back and comment - I only had time to peek at everyone's cards before! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches and I hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS for sharing I LOVE the cards!! Such fun designs!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ruby! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved