Wednesday 7 March 2012

Challenges & Some Published Cards

Hi everyone!  Thanks for popping by. I have a few cards to share with you today.

First up is a card for the sketch challenge over at Some Odd Girl.  Here’s my card using their lovely sketch and the Snuggle Tia image, she’s sooo cute!  I’m like that when I snuggle my little dog, Lulu!  Pets bring so much happiness.
Odd Girl 070312
image
I’m going to link this one up to Paper Issues’ latest challenge called Go Green or Go Home!  Don’t forget about my discount code (in my sidebar to the right), you can save 20% each time you shop over there just by quoting my code!

Next up is another little birthday card.  There’s a new challenge blog called Retro Sketches, and as you know I do love my sketches so I thought I’d join in on the fun.  The sketch is a really versatile one so it was more about how to stop ideas for this one than it was to know where to start!
Ret 070312
image
I have no idea who this little image is by.  This was another one of those ones that I won but never wrote down the name, oops!  If anybody knows then do let me know so that I can give credit to it.

Colouring pinks with Copics is soooo hard, I find the darker pinks just don’t work that well for me, the mid colour always goes more orangey.

Finally I wanted to share some cards with you that were recently published in the TTCRD magazine. 
IMG_2460IMG_2461IMG_2462
Hope you’re having a great day.  I’ll be back tomorrow with some more Play Date Cafe fun.




16 comments:

  1. Ruby all your cards are SO BEAUTIFUL! Love the one you did for retrosketches - SO CUTE! I like that image, too, but I don't know where it came from! Thank you so much for playing with RS on our first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful card - each and every one!! Well deserved pubs girlfriend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Copic coloring Ruby! Such a sweet little girl image. So glad you joined our first challenge at Retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your retro sketches sweetie is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! I love the SOG stamp!! Good luck!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous Ruby, your colouring is fabulous, and the your first card is so bright and springy! Love your elegant published cards too, just beautiful! Congratulations on getting published, so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. RUBY!!!!!!!!! You were published??? I'm not really surprised! I'm just sad I missed it! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE them! LOVE the papers--the colors! FAB FAB FAB:) I love that first card too--great coloring (as always)...and I LOVE your bow! BEAUTIFULLY done! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby, congrats on the pub gf!!
    I absolutely LOVE your coloring on Tia!! The card and bow are most gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Some Odd Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I LOVE these colors and those beautiful papers! Wow so perfect with this little Tia image! Gorgeous bow too - LOVE!! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruby, congrats on your cards being published!! That is so exciting, and I know it was a creative goal of yours. Way to go! YOu've got terrific bows on each one of those babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. holey moley, look at all those pretty cards!!! congrats on the pubs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much to LOVE about this post! Gorgeous cards, girl! And CONGRATULATIONS on your publications! Woohoo! You go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your SOG card..great coloring and awesome color combo....thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl Sketch Challenge...

    all of your cards are amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruby all of your creations are stunning but I'm especially in LOVE with your Odd Girl creation!! SUPER cute and oh so sweet!!

    Thanks SO much for joining us at Some Odd Girl!!

    Crafty Hugs!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. CONGRATS on being published! the cards are beautiful! 2. i love how you've decorated your little garden pokey tool - that is fabulous (and can be customized for different projects - AWESOME!). 3. your Some Odd Girl card ROCKS - the green bow just makes me melt, and i love how you've used those papers (i have 'em and have been struggling to use that itty bitty birthday pattern!). fabby job with the sketch - thank you for playing with the Odd Girls! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved