Tuesday 28 February 2012

Some Colouring

Hi there!

ISSC04

I have had my eye on these gorgeous images over at Saturated Canary for a while now and thought I would be brave and download this digi with all its detail.  Soooo much fun to colour!

For this card I started with my papers first and then laid out my Copic markers on the paper, with my little Copic swatch book and decided what colours to use.  I love using patterned papers as my starting point for colouring.

I won’t lie to you, this image took ages to colour, but it was so relaxing.  There’s just something about the way you can get lost in the moment when you colour, I love it!  I think I used most of my pens to colour it and got some of my shading a bit off so would do it a bit differently next time.  I’m working on my pleats at the moment in the videos, I ‘get it’ but it doesn’t quite translate to paper yet lol.  I’d like to learn how to colour polka dots, I seem to have a lot of images with them on and also I’d like to work on adding folds in too.

Once I’d coloured the image I then went on the search for a sketch.  I love the new challenge blog, I Spy Sketches, and thought the sketch would work really well for my girlie image.  This is the sketch I used, I actually pretty much stuck to it as it was, other than moving the centre panel over slightly.

image

If you like to colour why don’t you join in the fun with us over at Color Me Creative, we have a fun challenge on at the moment with bright colours.  Other mediums are encouraged too, it doesn’t just have to be Copics!  You can see the card I made for the challenge here, and you can find more inspiration and information over at the main Color Me Creative website.

Have a great day.  I’ll be tomorrow with a fun card for Leap Year








4 comments:

  1. OMG... she is adorable!! Fabulous use of colors and love the ribbon and sentiment!! Thanks for playing along at I Spy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaw dropping colouring! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy your coloring skills! She is so adorable and so is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE to color, too, Ruby! But mine just doesn't even compare to yours! I'm in awe! And I LOVE all the bright, happy colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved