Thursday 8 December 2011

Happy Holidays!

I have a cute little snowman that wants to make an appearance today! We have some fabulous colours for you over at The Play Date Cafe this week, really fresh and fun to work with.  Here’s what I created with some gorgeous stamps from DRS Designs, our sponsors for this week’s challenge. 
PDCC 110
Here’s the lovely inspiration picture…
image
  1. Mat two thirds of card base with patterned paper
  2. Tie polka dot ribbon around the panel and tie with some twine and ribbons
  3. Due cut eyelet circle border in blue and adhere underneath
  4. Punch four squares of different patterned paper and attach to the bottom of the card as shown
  5. Stamp the snowman onto some cryogen cardstock and coloured him with Copics, adding Glossy Accents to the heart on his hat and the four hearts on his banner
  6. Attach the completed panel to some stripy paper after rounding off corners, attaching brads (these brads are sooooo old I have no idea where they came from!) before adding to the card base with pop dots
  7. Die cut a mini label, stamp on some snowflakes in Ranger Distress Ink.  I stamped them off onto paper first and then onto the die to make them a little softer in colour
  8. Stamp ‘Happy Holidays’ sentiment over the top in black, attach to the centre of the mini squares at the bottom
For some reason that little sentiment in the middle with the squares reminds me of Santa’s buckle and belt lol
image
Thank you DRS Designs, these stamps really are cute!  I had a lovely time colouring them in, the snowman works perfectly with Copics, lots of lovely open areas to colour.
I made this card while watching White Christmas on DVD, soooo lovely. I need to dig out some more Christmas films to inspire me to get my cards finished and ready to post. I’m going to add this to my Christmas card stash and I’m also linking up to the Create: blog again.

Pop by the other girls’ blogs to see what they’ve created.  Their cards are all up on the main Play Date Cafe blog, along with information on the prize up for grabs.

So, not just one but two posts from me today!  I will be back later with some more to share for The Stamp Attic.

See you soon!





7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ruby, full of fun and colour! Such a sweet image too, and love those jolly papers! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! LOVE those papers--so pretty! And that snowman melts my heart:) LOVE your take on this color story--you used so many papers! I wish I had more papers that matched our color stories....that's my goal for next year;) YOU ROCK and INSPIRE me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute "Mo-man", as my 13Yo used to say when she was about a year old. ;) LOL

    You found the perfect papers to match with our colors, too. Take care, Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that snowman is so sweet! super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable, Ruby! Such a cute lil' snowman. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ruby I just love this card...it's super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovin' the quilty effect of this homespun creation, Ruby! Beautiful take on that colorful story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved