Saturday 16 April 2011

Etsy Inspired Challenge #135 –Creating is Fun

Happy Weekend dearies!  I hope you’ve all had a lovely week and have a great weekend planned!

If you're looking for my Color Me Creative challenge card please scroll down.

I get to play along with my teamies over at the Etsy Inspired Challenge today, I really missed not being able to play along last week, it’s good to be back.  I have a quick and simple card to share.

This week our shop is Creating is Fun, they sell lots of lovely buttons and ribbons and have offered up a prize of any ONE item of the winner’s choice.

HA 4411d

I was inspired by the deep red ribbon in the shop which I used as my frame and the turquoise flower was inspired by these turquoise centred metal buttons and turquoise ribbon.

il_170x135.178712389il_170x135.193291299il_170x135.214481957
I just LoVe the new papers by Basic Grey.  This pad is called ‘Hello Luscious’.  If you look carefully you will see that the veins on the flowers match the Hero Arts stamp really well.  I used two Hero Arts stamps, Blossom Art and Yummy Treats.  The flowers are so versatile in the ways in which you can use them, you can layer them up or just add little pearls, buttons etc.  I have some more ideas to share with you soon.   

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More is proud to sponsor our challenge. A division of I Did It Creations, was created and is owned by Robyn Weinrib. Robyn offers a wonderful variety of digital stamps and digital papers, designed to meet the needs of all digital paper crafting addicts for every occasion.

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More will award either 5 digital stamps or 4 digital stamps and 1 paper set of the winner's choice to the winner of this challenge.

Angi Barrs
Carole Chesser
De Swanick
Emily Branch
Jackie Bowman
Joy Stagg
Kerry Angeles
Kimme Leach (April Guest Designer)
Ruby McGuire (that's me!)
Savannah O'Gwynn
Sherry Campbell
Virginia Lu

Deadline for entries is Friday 22nd April at noon PST. If posting to an online gallery please use EIC#135.

Have fun and don't forget there are some fab prizes to be won!!


12 comments:

  1. Love that turquoise. And the flower goes so well with the patterned paper that you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and just love that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower and patterned paper! Love your sentiment too...I really 'need' to get some new sentiment stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just amazing, I'm amazed how the items inspired you, love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see how you took inspiration from those items and translated it into your card! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous Ruby!!! Really beautiful!

    I wanted to say how much I have appreciated your support. I would like to share the BFB Award with you. There are not requirements. It's just an opportunity to say thank you for those who have offered comments and their support. You have been just wonderful. Thanks!
    The award can be found at
    http://www.ruby2shoesdesign.blogspot.com/

    Hugs and Smiles
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops. I meant the award can be found at...

    http://thejoyofcards.blogspot.com

    It's getting really late!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Ruby, that paper is certainly luscious! Love the gorgeous mix of colours, it's so you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the flower, and the dp! perfect for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHHHHHHH! Ruby! This is just fabulous! I love that you used that big flower as your center--beautiful beautiful beautiful! Love the papers too--you nailed this inspiration! You always do:) LOOOOOOOOVE that you are on this team! FAB JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your blog everything here is very beautiful and your work is an inspiration!!
    Have a wonderful week!!!
    Hugs from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colors are amazing and I love that flower image! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved