Saturday 1 January 2011

Etsy Inspired Challenge #120 - Muffa

Recovered post - I accidentally deleted it and lost all of my comments :o(  Sorry if you've received it again in any of the readers/feeds!


Happy New Year!!!!  

Wow, 2011.  It seems as though the years fly by quicker and quicker!  I hope you had fun bringing in the New Year yesterday.  I wish so many things for you all, but mostly that you have happiness and health.  I want to thank you SO SO much for your support during 2010, and your wonderful comments.  You have no idea how much they mean to me.  It's lovely to think that people take the time to bother reading/looking at anything I post!  I could have given up but thanks to your continued support I carried on fulfilling my passion of card making.

My new year starts with a great big bang, where it's my first time to join in the EIC challenge as part of the DT.  Yay!!!!  You will just LOVE the challenge, the shop being featured is Muffa who sell OOAK micro miniature animals, thread crochet bears, gnomes and fairies. Look at these totally gorgeous little characters, how on earth can they be made so small?  I find it hard reading jar labels, never mind make anything this teeny weeny!



I really couldn't make my mind up which little character to use as inspiration.  I decided to go for the snail, how cute!!  This is what I made..



Oh and by the way if anyone asks I really need that gorgeous little bear with the big black nose, oh my goodness, he is adorable!!!

Pop over and see what the rest of the DT made, lots of inspiration!

Joy Stagg
Kerry Angeles
Rachel  {January Guest DT}
Ruby McGuire (that's me!)
Virginia Lu



Our sponsor for this week's challenge is Dude Time Doodles Store They also have a challenge blog here.  

The winner will win this little cute fish from Muffa ...



and a great prize package from Dude Time Doodles, so don't forget to pop on over to the EIC blog for more info.

Deadline for entries is Friday 8th January at noon PST.  If posting to an online gallery please use EIC#120

My fave cards for 2010

Lots of people are sharing their best cards of the year, and I didn't want to feel left out, so here's a few of my favourites.  A bit random on the layout, but I can't get Blogger to behave!








What's your word for 2011? 

You may have seen other bloggers saying that they have a word for 2011, set up by Ali Edwards for her One Little Word Project.  I have been giving this some thought because I think it's a wonderful thing to do.

Happy is going to be my word for 2011.  By choosing this word I can work on being happy in all that I do, choosing what is and isn't important to me, spending quality time with my family, and enjoying each day.  My phrase has always been 'life is too short' since my Dad died, and this will be a great way to remind me that every moment spent is precious, and should be happy.  Living in the moment is such a simple thing to say, yet such a difficult thing to do, and hopefully this will help me in that sometimes evasive goal :o) I'm going to take the 'new year' off this card that I showed you yesterday and put it up in my studio as my reminder, it's actually my favourite card of the year, probably because of the colours, but maybe because that bow took so long to get right!


I had originally wanted to have my word as 'calm' and when I told my very good friend what my words could be, she laughed and said, 'na, calm just won't happen' but 'happy' will.  She knows I'm a bit of a last minute, squealing to the deadline kind of girl, despite trying to be anything else.  My mojo just doesn't come until the last minute, so why force it lol. 

So I wish you 'Happy' for 2011!  Enjoy, and make this your best year yet, and the best you that you can be! x

ps- I promise my future posts won't always be this long, well done for getting to the end!




1 comment:

  1. Trying so hard to remember what I wrote the first time...something about wanting that little bear too and super cuteness and love it! Soooooo sorry you lost your comments :( Major bummer in the hugest of ways!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved