Friday 24 September 2010

Happy Birthday Julie!!

Hi there everyone

If my scheduling has worked you should be seeing a card with a yummy cake on it!  

I made this card for Julie over at the Julie's Open Window.  It's a very special birthday for her today, so Happy Birthday Julie!!! 

I hope you have a wonderful day, get lots of time to craft and get a cake as big as this one!!


I have known Julie since joining the Play Date Cafe Challenge design team, which she heads up.  She is such an encouraging and caring person, who has always made me feel welcome from day one, and genuinely cares about the people that play along with our challenges.  She goes the extra mile to make us all feel part of a great team.  As if she wasn't busy enough with the PDCC she also has her own personal blog. She makes some fab creations so pop on over to see her.  You won't be disappointed. 

I used this 2 Sketches 4 You sketch.  Such a simple sketch, but it really sparks my creativity.  Thanks Laura, love it!

I seem to be on a bit of a Cosmo Cricket (DeLovely) thing at the moment.  Every time I make a card I want to use these papers!  I hope you don't get too fed up with seeing them!  I used Lawn Fawn stamps for the cake and sentiment, did a little bit of stitching (I thought you were worth the effort Julie!) and distressed the edges of my paper. When I do this I always wonder if people will think I've just grabbed an old scrap of paper that should have been thrown out!  It's ok for us in the card making world, but what about those that don't know the latest trends.  What will they think of it all lol

Hope you likey!


14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card for a wonderful person.

    I just wish I had known it earlier, I had sent a card to her, she my Ippity chick, so I know her a little bit :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the paper pieced cake! Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby, this is such a gorgeous card for Julie. The colors are good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear, dear Ruby...thank you so much for the lovely birthday wishes and what a lovely surprise!
    You guys are THE best and I can't imagine the PDCC or my world without you : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Ruby! This card is so pretty! Love the colorful DP you used & that cake looks scrumptious! Thanks for inviting me along for Julie's birthday celebration :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOOOOVE this card--so bright and fun! I love that ribbon and twine:) SO fabulous!! I love that cake too! Just saw your stitching--love love love it:) Great job! Thanks for sharing in this fabulous celebration for Julie. Glad Tinks is feeling better--emailing soon:) LOVE Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet, happy card!!! :) LOVE it! (and you crack me up with the distressing- the same thought has crossed my mind!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the bright colours!! Julie has an amzingly talented DT!! happy birthday Julie!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruby,

    I just LOVE this card - all the bright colors! And that cake is just FAB! LOVE the ribbon and twine and is that a brad???? LOVE everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS Email me so I can tell you about the light tent - no email could I find on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card for Julie! Love the bright papers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card!!! Just love those stamps and bright fun paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card! You definitely hit a soft spot in my with this one. The colours, the papers.. and I've always loved that cake stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved