Monday 5 July 2010

Quick Card!

Happy Monday everyone!

Today I have a quick card to share with you that I made a while ago, but never posted it.  As you know male cards are never really my thing, but for some reason my Marmie (Mum) always needs cards for men!  That sounds funny now I've said it out loud, or typed it!  What I mean is she has always been someone that sends cards, to family, friends etc, so always needs a card.  This card needed to be funky and young for a friend of the family, and this is what I came up with.

I just find 'man cards', as they are known in this house, a challenge.  My Marmie asks for a card and I go into panic mode trying to work out what on earth I can make them!  I wondered to myself at the time who was good at them, and immediately thought of Sav, over at Savannahland2!  She comes up with such funky ideas, she really inspires me to think a little differently!   I got to know Sav initially through being on the DT with her over at the Play Date Cafe, but we have become really good 'virtual' friends (yet to meet in real life..but it will happen!).  We mail each other frequently.  It's incredible the friendships you can build just by sharing the same interests.  As she would say I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

For this card I used the Tim Holtz die for the label, some Unity stamps from Sav, a bit of twine and some distress ink that I used for the ledger paper.  The perfectionist in me wanted to re-stamp the 'rock-on' sentiment, but I had to just 'let it go' because I'd already done the rest of the card by then! 

I will be back on Wednesday with a little card for the Tiffany Doodles challenge on Wednesday and then again on Thursday with another card for the Play Date Cafe challenge.  You will be sick of me by the end of the week!  I'm still away during the week for my treatment, so if you don't get a reply to comments straight away do bear with me I will pop over to your blog as soon as I can!



5 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RUBY! I DOOOOO! I DO love love love it:) I think I might be saving this pic under my FAV file! I LOVE it! So creative--and I love how you used several stamps for it--and I have got to get those die cuts you keep talking about!! I need to know what they are called and where to get them! LOOOOOOOOVE it! Ruby--you ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great card ruby, I always tend to stick to blue for men, but i like the neutral look.very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool card! i love how you used the TH die! love those stamps too! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and design! Can see the Sav inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Savvy inspired card! In fact, I love, love, love it lol :) I want me some of that Kraft card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved