Thursday 17 June 2010

PDCC - Colour Splash (or Color Splash depending where you live!)

Happy Thursday everyone!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments about my studio!  I really do feel very fortunate with the space I now have to create, it's taken a long time to get it but it just needs tweaks now.  

It's Play Date Cafe challenge time again.  Goodness me, I feel like life is really going fast now!  My term as part of the design team at PDCC is already over half way through :o(

Before I tell you about today's challenge I would like to give credit to the talented person that had the twine flower tutorial on their blog (the one I used for last week's blog post, but couldn't remember where I'd seen it).  It was on Maile Belle's blog.  Thanks Maile, it was so much fun to do!  Thanks too to Jaclyn who was able to tell me where I'd seen it!

So, onto today's challenge, which is a colour splash.  This week it's black, white and a splash of blue.  Love it!  I decided to grab out my new favourite stamps by Lawn Fawn.  Kelly Marie's images are SO cute, and they stamp beautifully too, I am in lurve!



This was the inspiration picture from Julie, isn't it a lovely shade of blue!  Pop over to Julie's blog too, she is having a blogoversary giveaway! 



Despite taking numerous photos I couldn't quite get my camera to pick up the intensity of the blue that I'd used, which is a pity because it's such a nice colour and very similar to the inspiration pic.  I recently learnt how to do the scrunched up ribbon using glimmer mist spray so had a play at dying my own ribbon.  I learnt the technique on the Embellish Magazine blog.  As part of being a subscriber you got to view the tutorial early so I had a play.  What fun!  The hardest part was not peeking to see what colour the ribbon was going to come out.  You had to leave it overnight to dry!

My card is pretty self explanatory this week, so I haven't done a step by step for you, but will give you a few bits of info about things I did... I stamped my new Hero Arts distressed stamp in black and white twice to get a checkerboard effect which I used behind the main image.  I used Stickles to add detail to the typewriter buttons, and I did some faux stitching around the edge of the central panel to give the black a bit of a lift.

Our celebrity designer this week is Mandy Cheshire of Limelight Papercrafts.  They are also our sponsors, so do join in for a fab prize, more details on the Play Date Cafe blog, and you can see Mandy's lovely card for our challenge there!


Check out the rest of the DT's creations too, here's a quick reminder of their blog details, so pop over and leave them some lovin'!


I do hope you get time to play.  As you know I love my colour so it's always a bit of a stretch for me to do black and white, but this was fun!

Oh, by the way, my studio is looking really rather messy, nothing like those pictures last week!  At least I have a record now though of how good it can look if I tidy my things away! My Marmie (Mum) phoned me the other day and said she had to take a double look to check it was my studio as it's never normally that tidy!  Huh, cheek of it!!! ..... She is right though ;o)

Stamps: Lawn Fawn: 'Just my Type', Hero Arts: 'Large Canvas Stripes'
Papers: Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories: Gems from stash, ribbon from local haberdashery died with shimmer mist



13 comments:

  1. Once again, a whimsical approach to the challenge. I always love seeing what you are going to come up with : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this weeks splash of color, super cute image. Wonderful wrinkled ribbon you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI ruby! (gosh how early do you blog??!!) thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog! was honored!! I love your card! i really want to do this challenge this week too. And I immediatly thought 'aha! black card!'(just got some core'dinations!) and I see you've got there first!!hehe! Love that little faux stitch! and in the summer blue is my favorite colour! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That typewriter is soooooo cute! And I'm in love with big bows on cards at the minute :) Must check out that tute!
    Well, you inspired me to put some personal touches to my 'studio', I bought some yummy fabric at IKEA for curtains and some other little touches, it's always just been a craft room/storage space til now. Will share pics when it's done. Think you should share your studio reality pics though to make us all feel better :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. The typewriter is adorble and love the checked background you snuck in. Your mum cracks me up as she got in her comments too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, Ruby! Love that fun and whimsical image and the fab wrinkled ribbon!! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOOOOOOOOVE that typewriter! Super super cute:) I love how you made the keys pop with glaze (or glossy accents). SUPER FUN! And that ribbon--ACK--love love love it:)

    I love your story about your mom/mum! TOOO funny! I thought you were going to say that Tinks was in the room messing it up because she was creating! I know I'm a mess when crafting!

    Thinking of you today;) Lots of love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card Ruby! Love that ribbon & all your lil jeweled embellishments! Great take on this week's challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card - I love the typewriter stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super fun card! Love that little typewriter and the blue and thing you added! Now, I have to go check out that crafty space of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the typewriter and the stickles on the keys. I'm glad you pointed that detail out! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved