Wednesday 12 May 2010

More pink!

Hi again!

My Florence Nightingale duties continue, but I am still managing to make a few cards in between my nursing ;o) My man is now on the mend, home safe and sound, which is the main thing. He just needs to behave, and know that it's ok just to rest! Mind you, I think he has lost the plot actually.  I was typing at my desk earlier and I saw a fairly small (but too big for me to get rid of) spider run up the wall.  I asked if he would remove it for me, and because he couldn't see it he said, 'Are you sure it was a spider?'  Hmmm, now let me think... it was black with lots of legs, it moved.  Umm, yes it was a spider lol.  Funny! 

I've had a bit of time to look at some of the tutorials I'd saved for reading. I've learnt how to make spiral flowers thanks to Rae Barthel's tutorial, ruffled ribbon thanks to Ashley Cannon Newell's tutorial, layered and looped ribbon thanks to Nichole Heady, and many other little bits and bobs. I've had a few of those, 'why didn't I think of that, it's so obvious' moments, which have been quite funny!  I've yet to make a card using Nichole's ribbon technique, but I will :o) Thanks so much for the inspiration ladies!


Ok, so what do you think of this card?  It's not my normal style, but I was asked to make a pink card, with butterflies and bling, very girly and I guess romantic because it was from a partner to his girlfriend.  I can't make my mind up if I like it or not.  Ian and Tink think it's lovely, so does my Mum, but do they count?  They all think I'm amazing (well, why wouldn't they?!! ;o) ) so I'm not sure.  Would love to hear what you think about it!  I've shown you the inside of the card too.  I don't normally do much with the inside, and in actual fact at the beginning of the year I did say I would start doing something, so I just kept it quite plain and simple.  Another thing off my to do list!  I am in LOVE with those yummy spiral flowers though!  They are fun to make and pretty too!

I also made this card for the Clean and Simple FTL #89 sketch this week, where I played with Ashley's ruffled ribbon technique, that was great fun to do too, quite therapeutic actually! 






Have a fun evening!

ps - just in case you were wondering - he did find the spider, and very nicely removed it for me!


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Love your girly pink card and it is sure to be appreciated. Love all the swirls and the inside is lovely too! I never bother to do the inside. I have the same situation at home I get lots of thumbs up on cards too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHHH---I love both of these cards! Both are super FABBIE! I love those butterflies on the first one (I'm addicted to using butterflies!)...and that second one--OMGoodness--LOOOOOVE that color combo and the ribbon! MMM! Beautiful! YOU ROCK, RUBY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow managed to type out a whole LONG comment, and have my browser crash.. so yay for re-typing!
    These are all such cute cards for very different reasons. The first one.. well, you know I love the little rosettes, and those butterflies are fabulous. The second card.. you've got talent to make that much white look so good! The bits of bright make a big statement.. and finally, the 3rd card.. that ruffled ribbon is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved