Thursday 25 March 2010

Love Bug

Hi everyone!  I am hoping that my scheduled post works tonight again, I always have everything crossed when I do them! So far, so good!

Today you get to play along with the new Play Date Cafe Challenge.  This week's challenge definately made me work my brain but I loved it!  Here is my card for this week ...


I'm not sure if you can see in the picture but there is a little stamp in the centre of the flower that says 'par avion'.  I LOVE that stamp, it's SO cute.  I've had it for years and never known what to do with it.  Isn't it fun shopping in old supplies?  I think this might fit in with Julie's 'BOO' as she calls it.  Pop on over to her blog to see what she means when she says 'BOO'.  I am definately a fan of 'BOO-ing'!! You'll also get lots of inspiration over there too!

Here is the pic for you ..


Isn't this one fun?!  I came up with lots of different options before settling for my final card.  Sometimes having too many options is worse than having none at all!!  I couldn't quite get the same red, so had to go as near as I had.

Now, I'm only a novice with my Copics, so be kind to me!!  I am trying to teach myself.  The trouble is when I first stamped cards I used Tombo blending pens and I still want to colour with the Copics in the same way that I used to do with the Tombos, but they don't quite work like that.  I'm slowly getting there.  They say practice makes perfect.  Fingers crossed!!

Speaking of crossed.. Have any of you had any Hot Cross Buns yet this year?  I'm not sure if I've told you all before but I'm a coeliac so can't eat wheat or gluten.  Well, I came across some wheat and gluten free Hot Cross Buns.  How cool is that?!!  I haven't been able to eat them for years.  Divine!!

Here are the details for making my card;
  1. Don't spend as much time as me trying different options, go with your first one!  That's what worked for me lol
  2. Cut a piece of patterned paper, tie on polka dot ribbon before adhering to white card base
  3. Cut out a circle in white cardstock and a scallop in red
  4. Stamp the image and colour (hopefully better than I have) 
  5. Once you are happy with the placement of the image cut along the bottom under the wheels
  6. Cut a wonky red strip, and adhere to scalloped image some white letters spelling out 'miss you'
  7. Attach completed image in scallop with pop dots
  8. Stick two flowers together to make a layered flower, and add stamped 'par avion' label
Dies: Sizzix 'Circle #1', 'Scallop' and 'The Ginchiest' alphabet set
Stamps: Stamping Bella - Huggabug - Love Beetle, Hero Arts 'French Postage'
Paper: Red, blue and white Bazzill cardstock, Piggy Tales - 'Jack & Jill Collection - Pail of Water'
Inks: Nick Bantock 'Lamp Black' ink
Accessories:  East of India polka dot ribbon, Craftwork Cards 'Best of British' flowers, Sakura glitter pen, SU! Stamp-a-ma-jig
Copics: B00, B32, BG10, BV13, BV23, C-3, C-5, C-7, E11, E31, E33, E35, E47, E51 R27, R59, RV29, RV42, Y02, Y08, 100
    Don't forget to hop on over to the other designers' blogs, leave some lurve and check out the talent!


    and of course our special Guest Designer for March, Jean Franks Beck  over at Bluebird Paperie.


    I love seeing what ideas everyone comes up with, it's such a nice surprise!  Have fun, and don't forget to tell all your friends about our challenge, the more the merrier!!

    I'm off to my bed now, sweet dreams!

    14 comments:

    1. You'll be happy to know that I am working on a blog badge for 'BOO', Ruby : ) You'll be the first to have one, me thinks!

      great job on this fun card...the colors are great and your post timed out perfectly : )

      ReplyDelete
    2. HA--love your instructions and step #1!! So funny:)

      I need to check out what BOO means...going over there next!

      LOVE this card--super cute! Love those letters at the bottom. Need to get white letter stickers! And I love how you call it "wonky"! Great job, Ruby!!

      Happy PDCC day:)

      ReplyDelete
    3. How cute, love your coloring. The image fits nicely in your scallop piece.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Ruby, this is positively adorable, and your Copic coloring is fab!! Lovely piece!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Adorable card! Love your colored image and the way you framed it out with the half circle and the banner along the bottom.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Wonderful, Ruby!! I love this Huggabugg image and your coloring is awesome! Love the way your layout -- very eye-appealing!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I suspect we have a few words Suzanne would like if she likes 'wonky' lol
      Love this card Ruby, it's a great image, so cute, matches the colours perfectly!!
      Well done on finding gluten etc free hot cross buns; hope they taste nice :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. I love your card is so pretty! Love it!

      ReplyDelete
    9. That's definitely a cute and fun card!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Your card is awesome. Fun and fresh!
      Hugs and smiles

      ReplyDelete
    11. Ruby, this card is soooo stinkin' cuuute! Love the Love Bug! Reminds me of my 20 year old daughter! Wonderful inspiration piece for this week's challenge at the PDCC!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Very cute! Love how you colored it! Great job!

      ReplyDelete
    13. SUPER... SUPER... SUPER CUTE card!!!! Just a wonderful layout, Copic coloring is PERFECT, and LOVE the sentiment banner... the car is perfectly grounded above it! :)

      ReplyDelete
    14. Your card is sweet and fun. Love it!
      Hanne

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

     
    Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved