Tuesday 23 February 2010

Top 5 - Get Sketchy, Card of the Week & More Challenges!

Hi there everyone

I am SO excited! I made the Top 5 over at Get Sketchy on Saturday! I only found out last night by accident! I had noticed some traffic from there coming to my blog and wondered why, then saw my card listed as one of the Top 5. Woohoo!!!! That's the first challenge I've ever achieved anything in. Then when I was looking through Card of the Week and Best of the Blogosphere(13 -20 Feb) I came across another one of my cards, this one here that I made for the Clean and Simple Challenge.   It must be my week! Wow! I had made a New Year's resolution to keep trying challenges with the hope that I would achieve something in one of them this year! Yay!!!!!! I'm SUCH a happy girl, can you tell?!!!


Ok, so enough of that, here are a few more cards that I'd like to share with you. I've been in the mood for making cards this past couple of weeks, as you can probably tell :o)

This first card is for Card Patterns Sketch #52. Unbelievably I am early with this challenge. I know, can you believe it?!! I can't! As soon as I saw this sketch I knew I just had to dig out my Early Bird papers again. Ooh, they are SO yummy! This sketch was fun.   Sorry about the photo, I took it quite late at night, but have posted it now to a friend so didn't get chance to rephotograph it in better lighting.  Despite trying to brighten it in PSE it's not coming up any better.

The funny thing with this sketch was that I rounded the corners of the little squares so that each one was different to the next, only to then remember that my two panels would cover them anyway, so you wouldn't see them lol.

I made this card for the Clean and Simple Challenge FTL#79 this week.    I have fallen in love with this site, it's fab!  The card is self explanatory, all Early Bird papers and accessories by Cosmo Cricket.  All I did was ink all edges with Tim Holtz distress ink.



I also made this card using the same sketch, although I'm not that sure about it. It doesn't quite work for me somehow, but I can't put my finger on what's wrong with it or whether it's just everything lol. The paper is just so cute though, it had to be used!
After I did these though I realised that neither of them have actually been stamped.  Oh well, I have been having fun doing them :o)  Does using distress ink count as being stamped lol?!! 

I have more to share with you later this week. 

Oh yes... Did I tell you I made the Top 5?!!!! ;o)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your challenge achievements!

    Fabulous cards! The first one esp. grabs me, I love the mix of all those Patterns!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cookie card is absolutely fabulous. (I think you did mention making the top 5... but hey - I think you should say it again! YAY!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congratulations Ruby you so deserve it you make some wonderful cards just like these you are showing now I love them.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congradulations on makeing top 5.It is so exciting and rewarding when that happens!! I love all 3 of your cards. Great Job TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute cards! Love the papers you used! Great job with the sketches!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all soooo CUTE!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us this week @ Clean & Simple Stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CON'GRAT's Ruby!!!!! You always rock on your FAB creations and doesn't surprise me you being in the TOP RANKS!! All 3 cards are SOOOO CUTE... great color combos! You have been one busy stamping girl... just blown away!!

    TFS and BIG smile from the US!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved