Monday 22 February 2010

Silly cards :o)

Hi there

I thought I would share a couple of fun cards that Natasha and I made for our friends. I came across these digi downloads from Doodle Dragon Studios via Dahlhouse Designs.



My friend is mad about owls so when I saw the owl on Lisa's blog I just knew I had to have a go. I must like this particular friend a lot because although I do have rather a lot of copics they don't get used at the moment for fear of the colouring not being good enough!! Naughty, I know, but I just need to learn more about how to use them. I can't quite get the effect I'm looking for.

Anyway, I had bought some owl paper many months ago that was crying out to be used in one form or another, and thought that a twig would go really well on the card. We were out last Sunday walking the dog so I had a look around for a nice twig while we were out. I found exactly what I was looking for after a little bit of hunting, so was very pleased. On the way home we needed some stationery items so I popped into a shop to pick some up. While I was looking around I bumped into someone I knew. She looked at my hand and then I realised I was still clutching onto my little twig! I smiled and said she probably wondered why I had a twig, and explained that I make hand made cards so needed one for that. I was telling Ian the story afterwards and he said she must have thought I was very odd making cards with twigs, and can only begin to imagine what outdated style of cards she would think I had been making!!!! It seemed really funny when you looked at it like that lol. I guess there's a bit of a mad crafting person inside all of us cardmakers, isn't there? Isn't there?!!!!

Natasha's friend loves dragons, so she fell in love with this little image and set to work on making up a card. She wanted to do a circle scallop card, and this was the result.

I think she did a really good job, don't you?

I have a few cards to show you this week, so pop back soon :o)



1 comment:

  1. A little bit of mad crafter?? a lot my way ;0) he he. I love that owl paper too, and it looks great with the hand sourced twig!. Natasha certainly takes after her mum doesn't she? great job babe
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved