Sunday 10 January 2010

Happy Sunday!!

Hi everyone

How has your day been?  We have had a bit of a crafting day today, some of which I will share with you as the week goes on.  Today though I thought I would enter the CPS Challenge.  I often look at the sketches with the intention of playing along, but it never quite happens somehow.  The weeks seem to fly by.  I wanted to get out more of my Cosmo Cricket papers and fancied a bit of cheery red and green, but not in a Christmas kind of way!


This is the sketch.  I think this is a sketch that I will come back to again and again.  For some reason it seems to spark off loads of different ideas for me.  Don't you just love it when that happens?!


As you will see I have played around with it a bit, but hopefully you can see how the sketch has influenced the design of the card!

My cousin took the photo of this card for me, but I'm sure you can tell that as it's of a much higher quality picture than I would ever take!  I keep wondering whether to take a course in photography to learn how to do it better, but to be honest it doesn't interest me enough because I simply want to learn how to take better pictures of my cards and nothing else really.  Does that make sense??

I just LOVE these papers, they are so cheerful.  What is it about fruit that works so well with card making?  I love some of the fruity stamp sets you can get at the moment, and recently ordered some from Sarah-Jane over at Cards and a Cuppa.  They came through so quickly, it was great!  If I tell you that I've got them then I might actually get around to making something with them to show you lol.  There is method in my madness!

Anyway, I'd love to know what you think of the card.

Supplies used;
Cosmo Cricket - Early Bird papers 
Red Bazzill cardstock
Prima flower
Polka dot ribbon from stash
Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Edge border punch


 Happy crafting!!


7 comments:

  1. just lovely! thanks for playing along with the sketch at card positioning system's blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the cheery paper, and the added punched border! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, but I am really looking forward to seeing you use the Tart and Tangy stamps!! I know what you mean about photos though, I got a light box for christmas but still need to spend loads more time practicing with it. I also made a card for last weeks sketch at CPS but have only just got round to putting it on, another challenge missed but at least I actually did it eh?
    Take Care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super take on this week's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card! Wonderful cheery colors, playful and great way to use scraps, which by the way I have a "tone" of them!! LOL... and your border punch and flower is perfect details added!!! Off to bed now... keep the inspiration coming!!

    SMILES... Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this card is super!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved