Sunday 19 July 2009

Butterfly Kisses

Hi there everyone

Firstly, I should say sorry for being a bad blogger this week. I have been busy setting up a new business and just haven't had a minute to make cards :o( I really miss it when I can't get creative, it's my little bit of fun! By the way what do you all think of this font?? I thought I'd try something a bit different for a change.

Today's challenge over at the
Corrosive Challenge Blog is a sketch. Now as you all know I do like my sketches, and I really enjoyed this one!


I had seen the idea of splitting a piece of paper up on a card at a show I recently went to, so when this sketch came up I used it as an opportunity to play and cross another thing off my list. Do you all have a list of things you want to have a go at? My list seems to get longer and longer, but nothing gets done on it lol. Still, I'll have loads of ideas for a rainy day! It's summer holidays here soon so I will no doubt be creating lots of different things with my daughter. (I had just typed 'little girl' then and had to delete it. I realised she is no longer my little girl, she's nearly ten! My goodness, that makes me feel old!) As I'm sure all you Mums out there will agree, she will always be my little girl I'm sure!) She loves crafting so it's great when we have Mummy time together, I love it! She's very creative too, she often comes up with brilliant ideas when I get to that 'stuck place'.

As you can see from my interpretation of the sketch there's a bit of cheating going on when it comes to the embellishments, but I think I should just about get away with it ;o) What d'ya reckon?!!

I started by cutting out a piece of pink card. I cut a piece of patterned DP into 3 strips. Using my Nesties I cut a circle in white and the scallop in elephant Bazzill Bling (my name for it, not theirs!) I then cut out the butterfly, first in pink which I embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and inked all over with a charcoal inkpad, and then I cut the same butterfly in grey/cream dotty paper. I cut the body/antennae in elephant Bazzill Bling. I quite heavily pop dotted the butterfly because I really wanted it to be 3d so I'm not sure if you can see from the photo but the bottom butterfly is completely stuck down to the white circle, using pop dots. The pink butterfly is then stuck just down the middle with its wings folded up to give it some dimension. On the top right of the card I cut out a vine which I pop dotted to raise it and some flowers which I used as my stars on the sketch. Finally I added the little 'love' topper from DCWV, some more flowers and some bling on the body and flowers to give it a bit of a lift. I am quite pleased how this one turned out, but then I do really love this pad of Amy Butler papers, so I am a bit biased!


Dies: Sizzix 'Vine', 'Butterfly', 'Flower & Stems' & Cuttlebug 'Textile Texture', Circle and Scallop Nesties
Paper: Amy Butler 'Lotus' 12 x 12 pad, dark grey Bazzill Bling cardstock, pink Bazzill cardstock
Accessories: Swarowski Gems, DCWV 'La Crème' chipboard sticker

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, don't forget to enter the challenge yourself. I love the challenges Janet sets, they really get my creative juices flowing, just what I need! Don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT are making, they have been doing some gorgeous cards each week.


Thanks for popping by ♥


5 comments:

  1. Great take on the scetch, mmmm, I agree, great paper pad :0) I promise to try to do this weeks challenge with you, but I am going on holiday next sun and haven't packed a thing! lol! not like me at all, I'm usualy virtually ready to go by now, time to p-a-n-i-c me thinks!!!!
    Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card Ruby! great layout and beautiful DP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card the detail you have is amazing the colours are gorgeous and that butterfly is just so beautiful.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET card Ruby!! LOVE ♥ your butterfly and colors... :) And the leaves are a great detail... your smoking with your AWESOME MOJO! Hope all is going well with your new busniess! SMILES... Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby you totally rocked this challenge :) Your attention to detail puts my cards to shame!!!
    Have a fantastic week!!
    Amyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved