Saturday 20 June 2009

A little bird told me...

Oh my goodness, where has the week gone?! Has it really been nearly a week since I've posted? It's gone 1am here so technically it's actually hitting a week! I'm hyper tonight, I think I've had too much Pepsi Max! I've been making cards this week but I haven't put them on yet so will do them one at a time over the next few days, just to keep you a little interested!!

So have you all had a good week?

I found out this week that I am going to get a free trollbead :o) For those of you that aren't sure what a trollbead is go to http://www.fabletrading.co.uk/. I had put the link in for you, but it's not working properly. Trollbeads are one of my obsessions, that along with cardmaking, vanilla coffee, chocolate .. etc lol. Hmmm, me thinks the least said about that little list the better!

Anyway, at the end of May I entered a competition to design a 'People's Bead'. It wasn't very good. I can't draw to save my life but anyone that entered won a bead! My friend entered too (with a fab design might I add! She *can* draw!) but she thought it had to be in silver. Well me doing it all last minute didn't read that bit so I sent in a design for a glass one lol. It did have a *tiny* bit of silver at the top and bottom but I doubt if that would count! Earlier this week I got an e-mail announcing the winner and saying that everyone gets a bead for entering. Woohoo! I LOVE my trollbeads. I have a birthday coming up in September and I'm hoping to get lots of beautiful little beads then. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for them. If you see anyone I know put in a good word for me, won't you?!!! ;o)

Enough of my nattering, onto a card. Today I thought I would share a quick make card with you. It was fun to do because the little birds are so cute, don't you think?!!!

The paper is by Three Bugs in a Rug and in the range they have die cut shapes to match. This range is called 'Happy Bird-Day', cute :o)

I think if you have the paper in front of you it's pretty self explanatory but basically all I did was stuck a piece of bird paper to the base card which I'd rounded the corners on, popped out the sentiment tag, and stuck it onto the back of the bird paper (it's double sided with polka dots). I rounded off the top corners and pop dotted it to the bird paper. I then added a polka dot strip at the bottom and made a pretend ribbon thingy to thread through the hole on the tag and voila, job done!

Hope you like it. I'll be back soon, promise!

PS. Don't forget to enter the challenge over at Corrosive Challenge Blog. There's a fab prize this week!

3 comments:

  1. Ruby this is too cute - love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just awesome Ruby!! I love these cutie patootie birds and your layout.... :) And I LOVE your mosaic table you took your photo on.... very pretty! Always blown away on your designs... TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this paper, so sweet with the 'ickle birdies!! lol!
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs S.J. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved