Saturday 21 March 2009

Love You Mum x

Happy Saturday everyone. Hope you're all having a good Saturday :o)

We have had a lovely day, early afternoon we all took Lulu to the park. Ian and Natasha were running around like mad with Lulu until her little red tongue was nearly hanging on the floor! She loves the park. She scared us half to death earlier though, she ran out of the house when Ian was locking the front door and she ran along the pavement beside the main road towards the park. Luckily she looked back at Ian as if to say, 'are you coming then' and then she bounded back towards him when he called her name. It was as if she was saying, 'I'm going to the park on my own if you won't take me'!! After that we picked up Mum and popped over to a local shopping village which has a handful of sweet little shops. We bought Lulu a darling 4 poster dog bed!!! It's adorable. We had some lunch out in the sunshine with Mum and then we came home and have been perfectly lazy ever since! My kind of Saturday :o)

My card today is for Marmie (Mum). I just hope she doesn't go on line tonight and see it!! My Mum is very special. She has been a tower of strength to me over the years. We have our moments, don't most mothers and daughters, but I always know that she is there for me no matter what. I love her so much. Unconditional love...it's a truly amazing thing. I hadn't really fully understood it until I had Natasha.

I created this card using the colours from Kristina Werner's latest Color Inspiration Challenge #46. As soon as I saw the colours I knew exactly what paper I was going to use for it.

I also wanted to try out one of Kristina's new techniques with ribbon that she has just been showing for her Year in Cards class for March. It actually went a lot better than I thought it would!



I cut and layered two rectangles, one in blue Bazzill swiss dots paper (love it!) and the other in the sei tulip paper. The colours are actually more vibrant in real life but I still have to master my camera. Up against Kristina's image it looks so faded!

I then cut out three smaller rectangles, the largest in red, then blue swiss dots and finally the white. I stuck the white card onto the blue and then played around with the ribbon technique by Kristina. I used a pink ribbon which I wrapped around the blue/white card, but thought it looked a bit too modern for my Mum so I added a piece of red ribbon to cover the staples. You can see the video tutorial here. I cut out some Quickutz tulips and stuck these to the card, using pop dots for the centre flower for effect. Finally I doodled around the edges of the white card because it looked a little plain.

Dies: Quickutz tulip
Paper: s.e.i DP, not sure of the name, it's an older one, Bazzill Swiss Dots
Accessories: Ribbons from stash, Copic Multiliner 0.03 for the doodling

So my lovely Marmie will be coming down for lunch with us tomorrow. We were going to go out but Natasha asked if we could stay in so I am going to cook us a simple lunch and we are all going to spend the day together. Natasha and Ian have been whispering to each other on and off all day, so I'm guessing they're up to something for tomorrow.

I have put in a request for a bath, some chocolate (obviously!), some vanilla coffee (did I tell you I'm a coffee addict as well as a chocolate one?!) and some time to read a magazine/book. Don't want much, do I?! Lol. Oh yes, and a bit of cardmaking thrown into the mix of course!! That's my idea of a perfect Mother's Day. The thing is when you're a mother you have to do things for your own Mum too so it's not quite the same, is it ;o) Not that I would have it any other way though. It's lovely getting us three generations of girls together.

Well I am going to sign out now. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday and I will be back soon. I have a couple of quick and easy cards to share with you ♥


8 comments:

  1. super cute card, love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the paper you used. I'm sure your mom will love it. :)
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ya Ruby! What a great Saturday it sounds like. Gosh, a four poster bed for your pup! Too cute!!! I really really like the card you made. I've been seeing that ribbon technique in my scrapbooking magazines. I'm anxious to try it on some of my own creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card! Love the ribbon technique, I'll have to try that! Your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a gorgeous card Ruby, hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby, great way to use these fabulous colors!! So darling!!

    P.S. I use regular craft paint. The one I have right now I bought at Hobby Lobby. The brand on the front of the bottle is Temper Paint. It's also quite inexspensive. Hope that helps!! :D

    ~Lori R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for leaving your kind comment. I simply had to visit your blog and it's fab! This mum creation is super. From another Ruby (ribenaruby)have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW'za Ruby! Such an adorable card with LOVE all over it for your Mum... :) Your day of R&R is perfectly planned.. jealous! He.. :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved