Saturday 14 February 2009

Kiss Me!

Hi and Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

I finally got around to making some cards for the challenges that I have been meaning to enter. The first one is for the Kristina Werner Color Inspiration #40. As you can see you had to use red, black, grey and white.

Ok, so here goes...

I made a card for my man and I wanted it to be a bit of fun. Firstly, I cut out a rectangular shape in dark grey bazzill bling (not sure of the actual colour name, I always just call it 'dark elephant'!) I then cut a smaller one out in 'light elephant' bazill bling. (again that's my name for it, not theirs, sorry!) I cut out the word 'KISS' on my Cricut machine on the normal setting in black and then on background setting in white. I then cut out some luscious red lips in red cardstock, and a candy heart for the bottom left of the card with 'I♥U' in red. It hasn't come out that well in this pic though. I raised the word 'kiss' using foam pads and then stuck on the random lips and I also did the candy heart in 3d. I added a some black and white ribbon because it looked a bit bland.

For the bottom right of the card I cut out the word 'me' and then added an exclamation mark using my new 'Abbie Lover Duvers' alphabet set.














I took a photo of that for you so that you could see the dot of the exclamation mark...it's a heart, isn't that just SO cute?!!!

Dies: Sizzix 'Abbie Lover Duvers' Alphabet Set & 'Phrase, So Me! So You, So Us! Quickutz lips and candy hearts, Cricut 'George and Basic Shapes' Cartridge
Paper: Bazzill Bling and Classic
Accessories: Ribbon from my stash

I will be back later to add on some more cards, I'm off to the craft shop now to pick up some more supplies. I'm hoping I might even get a couple of Valentine's pressies from my man while we're there!!

Catch you later x

5 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Ruby!! Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ruby this is sooo cool ! I bet your man loved it, not at all slushy but very loving, Excellent, Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruby Great card and blog. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really have been busy, Ruby. Love the cards you created.

    Thanks for the offer regarding the lily die, but I did find it tonight right on the Sizzix website and it is on sale for half price! Sweet.

    Hope you had a great Valentine's Day. I got to spend mine babysitting for my grandson. It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved